Roller shutters in Perth are as visually appealing as they are perfectly functional.
We know they’re a great investment for security, peace of mind and street cred (aka curb appeal), but surely something that works so well, needs a lot of maintenance.
Well, it turns out Perth security roller shutters don’t need excessive time, money and resources to maintain. It’s infrequent, easy maintenance that you, yourself can do, that keeps Perth roller shutters looking their best.
Want to know how to keep your roller shutters looking spick and span?
Read more from the security roller shutters Perth specialists at Smarter Outdoors to find out.
Use a vacuum cleaner
A vacuum cleaner for an outdoor home addition? Surely not! Actually, a standard vacuum cleaner will suffice in easy maintenance of your security roller shutters in Perth.
- Use the small attachments that come with your vacuum cleaner, to easily and delicately access and clean the louvers (the angled, horizontal slats).
- Alternatively, a handheld vacuum is excellent in its ability to allow you better control of angle and suction. The smaller attachment the better, to reach those hard-to-reach places.
It may seem like a hassle, but twice a year isn’t too much to thank your Perth roller shutters for protecting your home or business.
Manage with microfiber
Better cleaning is possible with microfiber cloths – internally and externally of your home.
Why use a microfiber cloth on your Perth roller shutters?
- A higher surface area afforded to microfiber cloths ensures dust is gathered, not pushed around.
- They also attract negatively charged dirt and grease.
You can wash and re-use your microfiber cloth up to 500 times!
Dust away with dust spray
Dust is the enemy of every household surface, including your exterior Perth security roller shutters.
Not only is dust unsightly, it can trigger allergies and asthma.
What should you use on your Perth roller shutters?
- Source or make a dust spray to use with a damp cloth, or microfiber cloth on the surface.
- If you buy a store-bought dust spray, stay away from silicone as it can seep into the wood and affect the finish.
- If you make your own, just use: 1 cup of distilled water, 2 tsp of pure castile soap and 1 TB of extra virgin olive oil (optional) and 3 drops of lemon essential oil (also optional).
A dust spray is handy to keep around the house for the interior and exterior of your home.
Reduce allergens in the home with a dust spray, and keeping your windows shut and Perth roller shutters clean and in use.
Spot clean with a toothbrush
An old toothbrush (keyword being old) will help you access those hard-to-reach places like the grooves and louvers. They’re great in removing lint, which may gradually form over time, and shouldn’t cause any damage with gentle brushing.
The security roller shutters Perth experts for you
Smarter Outdoors have assisted many households in making smart investments in their homes and businesses.
Security roller shutters in Perth have a wide range of benefits, and although it may seem like a lot to maintain, it should really take less than an hour, twice a year.
Need security roller shutters in Perth?
Contact Smarter Outdoors today and secure the best investment for your home or business.