A significant concern among many homeowners is whether plantation shutters can increase the value of contemporary homes. There is only one answer to this question, and that’s ‘yes’. If you’re still unsure why you should install plantation shutters in your new home, this post has everything you need to know about these valuable fixtures and why you should consider them for your next home improvement project.
Why Do You Need Plantation Shutters?
Besides enhancing your home’s curb appeal, here are reasons why you should invest in plantation shutters:
- Longevity: Unlike typical blinds and fabric drapes, plantation shutters do not fade after prolonged exposure to Ultraviolet rays. At Smarter Outdoors, our plantation shutters are made of recycled solid materials that do not warp or lose their colour.
Due to their durability, homeowners only have to install shutters once. This way, you can save on the cost spent purchasing new blinds after a while. In case the shutters are damaged as a result of human error, you don’t have to replace the mounting because plantation shutters come with changeable blades.
- Comfort: You can get custom plantation shutters designed to fit onto your home’s window frames. What’s better is that you don’t need supporting hardware like drawstring and curtain rods. With fitting plantation shutters, you can control the amount of light getting into your home.
However, you need to open the blades upward or downward to direct light away from your carpets, flooring, and furniture. This means that you can now extend the useful life of these fittings. Plantation shutters also come with thick blades that reduce outdoor noise when closed.
- Wide Selection of Materials: Some of the materials used to make plantation shutters include aluminium, wood, and PVC. Whether you need to pick an option that will suit your budget or match your fixtures and fittings, you will find the material you want.
At Smarter Outdoors, we have quality plantation shutters made of recycled materials. You can find stained or painted shutters to achieve that desired luminous finish. You can also add special coatings to deter warping, peeling, and flaking during extreme weather conditions.
- Energy-efficiency: Another benefit of plantation shutters is that they are energy-efficient, enabling you to save on energy bills. The shutters will reduce cold during cold months and keep heat out of your house over the summer. This way, you can save on energy bills and keep your home more comfortable throughout the year.
- Maintenance: You don’t need much effort to keep your plantation shutters clean. To clean them, you only require a damp cloth to wipe the blades. You can also perform routine dusting using a dust trapper or a hand wiper. This way, you will save on the cost of keeping drapes and curtains clean. What’s better is that you won’t need to use a ladder to remove or rehang the curtains or drapes for cleaning.
Looking for Quality Plantation Shutters to Improve Your Home? Get in Touch!
The benefits of installing plantation shutters in your home can never be emphasised enough, from protection to adding your property’s aesthetic value. At Smarter Outdoors, we have top-shelf plantation shutter choices to suit all your home improvement needs. Contact us online or call 1800 491 851 to speak to our sales representatives and get a free estimate.