A home is the place to sleep soundly, to live with your loved ones and relax when you’re not at work.
Your home should also, always be the place you feel the most safe and secure.
There’s plenty of criminals around who would happily break in to your home, destroying your safe haven, so it’s essentially up to you to make it impossible for them.
How can you easily do that? With roller shutters.
Why roller shutters for home security?
When it comes to your loved ones at home and your precious belongings, you can never be too careful in protecting them. We all deserve to feel safe and secure in our own homes.
Let’s look at the facts for home invasions:
- Between 2018-2019, there were a recorded number of 43,700 break-ins across WA. Which is 4.4% of the population!
- In the same period, there was 24,600 attempted break-ins throughout the state.
- Did you know that it takes 75% of burglars less than 5 minutes to enter a property?
Frankly, these statistics are frightening! But you can do your part to ensure your home isn’t a statistic, with easy, simplified but ever so sturdy and reliable roller shutters.
Now that we know why roller shutters are needed to protect against home invasions, let’s explore how they work.
How roller shutters deter crime
With many burglars taking less than 5 minutes to unlawfully enter a property, chances are visibility is a prime factor of why they choose their target.
This means they look in and like what they see, like valuable items on display near a window.
Did you know?
- 35% of intruders break in via window or door, which is why doors and windows are considered the weakest links of houses.
You can greatly and definitively strengthen that link by installing roller shutters Perth.
How roller shutter deter crime:
- They provide a physical barrier
Sturdy, robust and superior in strength…good luck to anyone trying to get through 100% extruded aluminium from a trusted roller shutters Perth company.
- They provide a visual barrier
Most criminals (dare I say all?) would think twice about even trying to gain access into your property. They cannot see what’s of value inside but can see that it’s just not worth it.
For a house to be considered ‘just not worth it’ to burglars is one of the many reasons to install roller shutters Perth!
But what else can you do and where can you trust for superior roller shutters Perth?
Helpful tips for home security and where to for roller shutters Perth
Some other small, but mighty crime deterrents you can add to your home are as follows:
- Keep fences, gates and garage doors locked at all times,
- Install motion sensor lights around your home and put timers on lights,
- Keep valuables in a safe or lockbox
- Don’t hide spare keys outside,
- Keep cars and bikes in the garage, and
- Install a home security system.
Trust Smarter Outdoors to provide everything roller shutters Perth.
Need help with everything and anything roller shutters Perth? Contact Smarter Outdoors today to secure your home.